How To Contribute ?
You can easily contribute to the Propel project since all projects are hosted by GitHub. You just have to fork the Propel2 project on the PropelORM organization and to provide Pull Requests or to submit issues. Note, we are using Git as main Source Code Management.
The Propel organization maintains five projects:
- Propel2 : the main version.
- Propel : the previous major release of Propel.
- PropelBundle : a bundle to integrate Propel with Symfony2.
- sfPropelORMPlugin : a plugin to integrate Propel 1.x with symfony 1.x;
- propelorm.github.com : the Propel documentation (aka this website).
Submit an issue
The ticketing system is also hosted on GitHub:
- Propel 2: https://github.com/propelorm/Propel2/issues
- Propel (1.x): https://github.com/propelorm/Propel/issues
- PropelBundle: https://github.com/propelorm/PropelBundle/issues
- sfPropelORMPlugin: https://github.com/propelorm/sfPropelORMPlugin/issues
Make a Pull Request
The best way to submit a patch is to make a Pull Request on GitHub.
First, you should create a new branch from the
Assuming you are in your local Propel project:
$ git checkout -b fix-my-patch master
Now you can write your patch in this branch. Don’t forget to provide unit tests with your fix to prove both the bug and the patch. It will ease the process to accept or refuse a Pull Request.
When you’re done, you have to rebase your branch to provide a clean and safe Pull Request.
$ git remote add upstream https://github.com/propelorm/Propel2 $ git checkout master $ git pull --ff-only upstream master $ git checkout fix-my-patch $ git rebase master
In this example, the
upstream remote is the PropelORM organization repository.
Once done, you can submit the Pull Request by pushing your branch to your fork:
$ git push origin fix-my-patch
Go to your fork of the project on GitHub and switch to the patched branch (here
in the above example,
fix-my-patch) and click on the “Compare and pull request”
button. Add a short description to this Pull Request and submit it.
Running Unit Tests
Please make sure our test suite is still green and you wrote an adequate test that covers your changes.
You can get more information in our cookbook article: Working with Propel’s Test Suite.
Improve the documentation
The Propel documentation is written in Markdown syntax and runs through GitHub Pages. Everybody can contribute to the documentation by forking the propelorm.github.com project and to submit Pull Requests. Please, try to wrap your additions around 80 characters.